Start a Project
Understanding where to begin can be the most difficult part of your building project.
When selecting windows and doors for your upcoming project there are a number of things that need to be considered. The following is a list of items you may need to consider for your project.
1) The Building
Various features of the building itself can affect and determine important design decisions within you building project.
- Are you renovating an existing home or a new dwelling?
- Will it be used for long-term or short term living or for later resale?
- Consider the use of rooms in the property and the direction they face.
- Understand your location and the surrounding the properties. Some councils have allocated areas with conform to a historical feature and style E.g. Federation or Colonial.
2) Window & Door Style
When considering windows think about the available outside views, will the windows be over looking gardens, parks or beaches? Use a combination of window styles to capture these views.
When considering doors think about the area they will open out to, will the doors lead into an entertaining area, another room, a deck or verandah?
View the premium residential Quantum range showcasing our largest offering of window and door styles.
3) Timber & Aluminium
Timber & Aluminium
The decision between aluminium and timber can be difficult however the main points to consider are:
- Look and feel
- Material qualities
- Timber can require more maintenance compared to aluminium however this can be reduced when using quality finishes.
- The warmth and natural quality of timber can match internal & external decor by finishing each face in different colours.
- Timber naturally contains improved energy efficient properties in comparison to aluminium.
- Aluminium is inherently low maintenance.
- Aluminium is pre-finished and powder coated with a wide selection of colours.
View our standard and designer range of Powdercoat Colours for aluminium.
- Aluminium can reach higher Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) ratings.
4) Product Performance
Trend Windows & Doors Aluminium Range
- Synergy Residential Series
A cost effective residential option where pricing and slim profiles are important.
- Quantum Architectural Series
A premium residential option with bolder sections and architectural look and feel.
- Crestlite Commercial Series
A durable commercial range with framing systems that can be integrated with Trend’s residential and architectural ranges.
Trend Windows & Doors Timber Species
5) Glazing / Glass
Glazing / Glass
With major concerns on energy reductions, the glazing becomes extremely important in the overall decision making.
In general the main considerations are:
- Reducing external noise
- Summer heat
- Winter cold
- All year round comfort
Visit our showrooms to view the large range of glass options available.
6) Quoting / Ordering / Installation
Quoting / Ordering
You can submit a quote online through the following link:
Trend also offer a free quoting service by showroom sales personnel. Please provide a copy of the building plan with window and door schedules as well as sizes, product types and colours.
Are you installing yourself or engaging a builder? This decision is as important as the product itself.
Trend Windows & Doors are solely a manufacturer and supplier of windows and doors. If you require an installer please contact our sales staff through the details below.